Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby Brain is real :(

I thought it was an old wives tale, that pregnancy will cause forgetfulness and short-term memory issues.....but now I'm not so sure.  Recently I've forgotten some things that I have never forgotten before, and it's scaring me!

Last Thursday night, Wombat and I were packing for our trip to NYC.  I was exhausted after a long week at work, but not more so than usual.  I let our dog, Jack, outside to potty before bed, then went to brush my teeth and finish packing while he did his thing - sniffing, circling, exploring, etc.   Then, leaving the back door unlocked and the lights on, I went to bed and promptly fell asleep.  I woke up about an hour later because Dorian wasn't in bed and things were oddly quiet.  Suddenly, Jack burst into the room, excited and wanting attention - it was then that I noticed he was cold and slightly damp - OMG I left him outside and went to sleep!  Dorian did too, neither of us realizing he wasn't sleeping in his bed next to ours, until Dorian heard him barking outside and went to let him in.  I am a horrible horrible mother!  I have never EVER forgotten to let Jack inside after pottying, the poor guy!

As if that wasn't bad enough, as soon as we arrived in NJ for our first night stay, I realized I had forgotten everything hair related - brush, hairdryer, and curling iron.  Wow.  That's also a first.  Luckily I got away with letting it air dry curly all weekend, but still.  All Dorian brought was a small hand comb, so it was fun detangling my curls with that every night.

Now I'm terrified what I'm going to forget next, especially at work!  Just this morning I already walked out the door forgetting to bring the checkbook that I left out and a container I meant to return to my mom today.  I've already asked Dorian to try to watch my back and find any other slips ups; let's hope we don't miss anything else major!

No comments:

Post a Comment