Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One Week Old Already

Not only do I now understand what "love at first sight" truly means, but I also sincerely appreciate how fast time flies now.  Today, BugBat is one week old.  I cannot believe it.  It seems like yesterday when I was miserably wishing to go into labor, and now she's been here for seven whole days.

Last night I had my first "moment" where I was watching her sleep and just began crying with love for her.  I can't even remember how life used to be without her anymore.  All I want to do is watch her sleep, watch her  look around, or watch her make adorable faces when she's working on a "project" haha.  I love the little head shaking she does when she's getting ready to nurse, and how she plays with her fingers in the middle of her meal.  I love her huge stretches and yawns, and how she likes to sleep with her hands beside her head, while kicking her feet out as if she were air-biking.

Wombat and I feel a little guilty, but we can't help but laugh at her wails sometimes - when she's hungry, she cries as if the world were going to end if she doesn't eat in 2.3 seconds. She must get the hungry-crankiness from me, and the loud set of lungs from her dad ;) Often, she gets so upset that it takes her a few seconds to realize when she is actually being offered the opportunity to eat haha. When she's happy, she squeaks and chirps, and often opens her mouth like a baby bird, which prompts her dad to ad lib her opera singing voice.   It's quite adorable and we really need to get some video of it soon.  She also makes content little sighs during her naps, as if she's resting after a really long day of work. Which is true, if you count all the diapers she produces (a lot!)

As for me, I'm beginning to feel normal again.  The best thing ever is lying on my stomach again after so long!  Feels amazing.  I've began walking a little bit every day, and since my highest weigh-in at 158 lbs, I'm down to 141 today.  Yay!  Upon returning from the hospital though, I was still 150, so it's true that you don't loose it right away, despite the baby weighing nearly all of that.  I think breastfeeding is really helping, since I've steadily lost 2-3 lbs each day since beginning.   I'm not in a hurry to loose it all since I want to keep eating enough to feed BugBat, but it will be really nice when I can finally fit into my old clothes again.  For now, I'm still wearing sweatpants and nursing tops, which is fine since I'm stuck at the house for at least another week.

Anyway, here are some 1-week pictures of both of us.  First, the BugBat in her princess bag (ok, several pictures of her, but I was playing with Wombat's new camera, and let me tell you, it is fun!  Love the rapid-fire shots):










And here is my post-partum belly, for anyone curious enough to look (I know I wanted to know what the heck it would look like, and I admit I'm pleasantly surprised so far, considering how big it got! FYI: This is a great website for other mommies looking to feel better about their mommy bodies:  http://theshapeofamother.com/)  Regardless, I'm looking forward to finally running again in a few weeks...hopefully the weather will still be nice enough by the time I get the ok.



ETA (Edited to Add):  Umbilical cord fell off on her one-week birthday, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment