Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Two Weeks Old

BugBat is officially two weeks old today, tear! She's plumping up nicely though, and I'm finally beginning to get a little stir-crazy, since I've been more or less house-bound (not allowed to drive) since returning from the hospital.  Yesterday we finally made our first outing (other than the pediatrician) as a family, and Wombat took us to the office for about an hour and a half to visit everyone and catch up on mail, etc, followed by a quick trip to Target for more diapers (150 count on sale for only $29 - get them while they last)!  It was great to get out, but exhausting after only 3 hours since I had to feed and change her multiple times on the trip, despite my best efforts to prepare her beforehand.

The same day (Tuesday) great-grandma and Aunt Connie came to see BugBat for the first time, and it was nice to be able to show her off in a small group, as opposed to during this coming weekend's huge family reunion, which will be great fun, but also a bit overwhelming.  I hope to get some pictures with the other two new babies in the family, although they are 2-3 months older than BugBat, especially since Grandma Chris got them all matching outfits.

As of her two-week birthday, BugBat's tear duct has finally opened, and her eye doesn't get all goopy when she wakes up or cries anymore.  Her tummy and cheeks are also getting nice and soft, and I can already see a big difference in her appearance now, compared to her newborn pictures.  I trimmed her fingernails for the first time this week, and it may have been one of the scariest things I've had to do so far, but at least she's not scratching herself anymore.  What she IS doing, is grabbing onto the hair on the back of her head and pulling it until she cries, since she doesn't quite realize what she's doing yet haha.....I have to unpry her little fingers to give her relief, and sometimes she still manages to pull out some strands of her beautiful red hair to my dismay.

Anyway, here's some video and picture goodness from earlier this week and today:



Mommy's hand with BugBat's hand

Daddy's hand with BugBat's hand


Ohio State's youngest Buckeye:
O-
H-

I-

O!

Atticus-Cat being protective
  
Wombat is the baby-whisperer when I can't calm her down

1st Bath!


i
I think she liked it

Fluffy hair :)

Her red curls :)




Baby faux-hawk

Jack-Dog competing for attention



Four Generations





Sweet dreams, beautiful baby

No comments:

Post a Comment